This week we are presented with our very own Dr. Colin PT, DPT, CSCS who demonstrates stretches for three different muscle groups.
- In the first video Dr. Colin explains how the pec muscles are very important for pushing motions, but tend to be overworked and not stretched often.
- This increases the pull and tightness on the shoulders leading to forward shoulders.
- These are some great stretches to aid the pec major and minor.
- Perform 3 sets of 30 seconds for each trying to increase to stretch each set.
- In the second video, Dr. Colin demonstrates how to stretch your upper trapezium muscle by using a bench (or chair, if preforming at home) to increase the distance between the shoulder (origin) and the neck (insertion point).
- In the last video, Physical Therapist Dr. Colin Miller explains how you can stretch the piriformis muscle.
- This is a great stretch to follow with after rolling out the glutes (butt muscles).
- Make sure to practice deep breathing during this stretch.
- Hold for a minimum of 30 seconds to get the benefits of tissue extensibility.
For more information, chat with a Physical Therapist‼️ These stretches are awesome when performed correctly. Comment below what your favourite daily stretch is!
DISCLAIMER: This content (the video, description, links, and comments) is not medical advice or a treatment plan and is intended for general education and demonstration purposes only. This content should not be used to self-diagnose or self-treat any health, medical, or physical condition.Consult with your healthcare professional before doing anything contained in this content.