"How Injured Runners, Golfers, Cyclists & Other Athletes Can Get Fit (...And Stay Fit), From Frustrating Sports Injuries That Keep You From Enjoying Sports And Being Active"
Don’t sacrifice the lifestyle you desire over problems that can be fixed. That’s why we made this just for you.
Dr. Ben Bagge
PT, DPT, CSCS
Founder of Pro+Kinetix Physical Therapy & Performance
A Message From Dr. Ben Bagge, Owner & Founder of Pro+Kinetix Physical Therapy & Performance
If you’ve recently picked up a Sports Injury, or if you’ve been suffering with an injury for a while – it can be very tempting to pass it off as “nothing serious” and simply “put up with it” carrying on as best you can.
Or, it can be very easy to get disheartened and end up feeling “stuck”, wondering if you’ll ever be able to get back to playing sports or keeping active like you used to…
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we see people going through this all the time. In fact, we see people living with an injury from sports and exercise in our physio clinics in Oakland, Des Moines, and San Diego no matter what time of year.
Traditionally, Doctors and medical professionals will just tell people to “rest” or to just simply stop doing that activity. In our opinion, this is ridiculous and is actually causing more harm and increasing your risk for future injuries. This is because by resting our muscles begin to atrophy and become weak! It explains why so many people suffering with a sports injury are asking themselves:
“It’s Been Months Now - So Why am I STILL Suffering With an Injury That’s Stopping Me From Being Active and Playing My Favorite Sport?”
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to the Doctor, and the Doctor tells them they need to take a break, rest, wear a support and “try these painkillers” to “see how it goes”. Then 4 weeks later they end up going back to the same Doctor again because the injury hasn’t gotten any better, only to be given MORE rest, and ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills.
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries – hamstrings, ankle sprains, runner’s knee etc., – complete rest is rarely the best advice.
So maybe you’re confused and frustrated because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a back problem – but it’s actually the hip where the problem came from?
Sports injuries can be very confusing because more often than not, where the pain is coming from, isn’t actually the area that needs to be fixed and worked on and if you rest for too long – other parts of the body become just as, if not more problematic!
This confusion over “resting” often leads people to continue to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their injury and return back to exercise. Worse, many people just end up accepting ‘their days of being active are over’ – as if it’s normal or ‘has’ to be that way.
Is That How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Frustrated And Living With A Sports Injury, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest, wear a support, and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help, and as soon as they wore off, you were left in agonizing pain again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everyone is more prone to sports Injuries as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried using things like heating pads, ice, and sport supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better or return to exercise with ease
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you were in a lot of pain, but it still irritates you daily
7. You decided to get a few “sports massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel a bit ‘painful’ or maybe ‘relaxing’, and didn’t do anything to fix your injury long term
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physical therapists to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help – so many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’. Then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed. Or it gets worse and they’re still sitting out from playing sports, or exercising completely.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you recover quickly and safely from an injury is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely and return to sports again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid “too much rest” – while rest is an important part of the recovery process, too much rest won’t do anything to help you recover quickly. Many people believe that recovery means total rest from exercise. But in order for an injury to recover, blood flow is needed which rest prevents. It would really help if you were given appropriate recovery and strengthening exercises to heal the injury, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy again as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with sports injuries. In fact at Pro+Kinetix Physical Therapy & Performance we help people recover from sports injuries all year round. If your injury is stopping you from playing sports and staying active, if it’s affecting your job, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physical Therapy team at Pro+Kinetix Physical Therapy & Performance clinics in Oakland, San Diego, & Des Moines can help you return to being active as quickly and safely as possible – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: This Free Total Body Diagnostic session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So The Next Question Is...
"How Can Choosing To See A Physical Therapist at Pro+Kinetix Physical Therapy & Performance Help You Get Rid Of Your Sports Injury For Good?"
Basically, the Physical Therapy team at Pro+Kinetix Physical Therapy & Performance can help you get back to living life free from daily annoying and frustrating sports injuries, and return to the exercise you love.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our clinics in Oakland, Des Moines, and San Diego then please just click the button below and complete the short form: