Given that a third of a person’s life is spent sleeping, picking the appropriate mattress is critical!
Your back and neck problems could be caused by your mattress. As a result, it’s critical that you sleep on a comfortable mattress. Additionally, change it every couple of years if possible. Here are a few signs that your mattress is to blame for the back or neck ache you’re having.
- If your back or neck pain starts when you first wake up in the morning.
- If you find yourself tossing and turning significantly in the middle of the night
- If you’re having difficulties sleeping and getting comfy
So, what exactly makes a decent mattress?
Mattresses should not, in theory:
- Be overly firm, as this can cause pressure point imbalances.
- Be excessively soft, as this might lead to poor posture.
Aside from replacing your mattress, here are other lifestyle changes you may make to help with your back and neck pain:
- Consult your physical therapist about the best sleeping positions and activities to begin to relieve pain.
- Sleeping on your side with a cushion between your legs is a fantastic position for support, according to experts.
- Purchase new pillows that are designed to relieve back and neck pain.
- Stretching should be a part of your daily routine when you wake up and before you go to bed to both relieve and avoid discomfort.
Here at Pro+Kinetix Physical Therapy & Performance challenge you to try these tips and see how much better you feel. For patients with back and neck problems, mattresses, pillows, and sleeping postures can make a huge difference. If you’re looking for a physical therapist, visit to https://prokinetixrehab.com/ make an appointment.