Check Out The Video Below for Detailed Tips by Dr. Ben Bagge⤵️ ⤵️ ⤵️
- Rest is good! Rest helps decrease the inflammatory response, which decreases inflammation, and that will decrease the pain. This gives you a nice, good reset button. 💆🏽♂️
- You should be resting, but we recommend only resting for about a week. 🗓
- During that week, you should be doing corrective exercises, to help try to determine and treat the root issue.🚶🏾♀️
- What you’re doing with your rest week is important to find your deficits and work on correcting them. 💪🏽
- If all you do is rest, those weak muscles that were already weak, get even weaker, because they aren’t being used at all. The muscles that were strong, become weaker. 😓
- You don’t want to just go from 0️⃣ to 💯 and try to get back to where you were before resting right away.
- It’s important to progress back into the activity you were looking to do. 📈
- For help on which corrective exercises to do, talk with a DPT to create an exercise plan that helps with your muscle deficits. 😁 😁 😁
🚨 Success Story Spotlight 🚨
“I thought rest would be the only thing that helps so that’s what I did. I couldn’t do anything and mind you I’m a climber, a cyclist, I do high intensity plyometric calisthenics and I love hiking. Things were not going well and I needed relief.I called Pro+Kinetix and talked to Dr. Ben. He asked me a series of questions and dug deep on the issues I’ve been having and talked to me about my goals to recover and beyond. After the call which was nice and long he reiterated EVERYTHING I told him and really made sure he understood what was going on with me and how their style of PT works: empowering athletes to recover and be in even better condition then before injury.
I was brought in for an evaluation with Dr. Miller. From the get, he was super personable and goal oriented so pretty much my kind of vibe. His evaluation was thorough full hour and he built out a regimen for me to recover with stretching and various workouts. I booked sessions on the spot.
I love this place and I love the one on one attention I get as well as the way Colin uses a multitude of techniques for recovery. I recommend any athlete come here if they want to not only recover but educate themselves on how their body works, what imbalances they had that prevent them from progress so they be super humans again.”